AMWA BCP-003-01 Secure Communication in NMOS Systems
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Documents best practice for using secure transport for NMOS API communications.
Why does it matter?
- A secure control plane is essential.
- Need to ensure encryption is sufficient.
- These recommendations allow interoperability using widely adopted open technologies.
How does it work?
- Recommends using TLS 1.2 or better for HTTP and WebSocket messages.
- Recommends cipher suites.
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: branches/v1.0.x. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.