AMWA IS-06 NMOS Network Control Specification
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
IS-06 is an AMWA NMOS Specification for API control of a managed network.
What does it do?
- Lets broadcast control applications manage what happens on the network itself
Why does it matter?
- Ethernet switch output ports might only support a limited number of media flows before they start dropping packets
- This is different to what happens in a typical SDI router
- And it means corrupted video and audio
How does it work?
- Provides a “Northbound” API from network fabric’s controller
- Includes topology discovery, flow authorization and assurances of flow bandwidth
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: tags/v1.0.1. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release/tag v1.0.1
- Data Model