AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification (Stable)
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Allows control and monitoring applications to find the resources on a network
- Resources include Nodes, Devices, Senders, Receivers, Sources, Flows…
Why does it matter?
- Enables automation and reduces manual overhead in setting up networked sytems
- Essential for dynamic deployment
How does it work?
- Media Nodes locate IS-04 registry using DNS-SD (unicast preferred)
- Media Nodes register their resource information with HTTP + JSON
- Applications query with HTTP and/or subscribe with WebSockets
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: tags/v1.3. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release/tag v1.3
- Data Model
- Upgrade Path