AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification (Stable)
What does it do?
- Allows control and monitoring applications to find the resources on a network
- Resources include Nodes, Devices, Senders, Receivers, Sources, Flows…
Why does it matter?
- Enables automation and reduces manual overhead in setting up networked sytems
- Essential for dynamic deployment
How does it work?
- Media Nodes locate IS-04 registry using DNS-SD (unicast preferred)
- Media Nodes register their resource information with HTTP + JSON
- Applications query with HTTP and/or subscribe with WebSockets
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The documentation and API links immediately below, and the links in the page heading, are for an example development branch. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or under “VERSIONS…” in the page heading.
Once AMWA has approved a Specification, its documentation and API links will be for the most recent approved release (which may be earlier than what is shown by the default branch on the GitHub repo).
Documentation for release/tag v1.3
- Data Model
- Upgrade Path