AMWA IS-05 NMOS Device Connection Management Specification (Stable)
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Provides a transport-independent way of connecting Media Nodes
- Supports RTP, WebSocket and MQTT connections
- Supports single + bulk connections, immediate + delayed connections
Why does it matter?
- ST 2110 does not specify how to do this
- So without IS-05 there is a danger of multiple proprietary approaches
- …and difficulty in adopting new stream formats.
- Provides support for new specifications
- such as IS-07 event transport
How does it work?
- Control application sends instructions to Media Nodes
transport_paramsconveys the connection information
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The documentation and API links immediately below, and the links in the page heading, are for an example development branch. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or under “VERSIONS…” in the page heading.
Once AMWA has approved a Specification, its documentation and API links will be for the most recent approved release (which may be earlier than what is shown by the default branch on the GitHub repo).
Documentation for release/tag v1.1
- Upgrade Path