AMWA IS-05 NMOS Device Connection Management Specification (Stable)
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Provides a transport-independent way of connecting Media Nodes
- Supports RTP, WebSocket and MQTT connections
- Supports single + bulk connections, immediate + delayed connections
Why does it matter?
- ST 2110 does not specify how to do this
- So without IS-05 there is a danger of multiple proprietary approaches
- …and difficulty in adopting new stream formats.
- Provides support for new specifications
- such as IS-07 event transport
How does it work?
- Control application sends instructions to Media Nodes
transport_paramsconveys the connection information
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: tags/v1.1. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release/tag v1.1
- Upgrade Path