AMWA BCP-003-03 Certificate Provisioning in NMOS Systems [Work In Progress]
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Documents best practice for automated provisioning of TLS Server Certificates to NMOS APIs.
Why does it matter?
- A secure control plane is essential.
- Certificates are an important part of this, and automation makes their use practical.
- These recommendations allow interoperability using widely adopted open technologies.
How does it work?
- Recommends behaviour, based on Enrollment over Secure Transport (RFC 7030)
- Encryption is a prerequisite (see BCP-003-01).
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: branches/v1.0-dev. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.