AMWA IS-10 NMOS Authorization Specification [Work In Progress]
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Allows an API server to accept or reject requests depending on what a client is authorized to do
Why does it matter?
- Security in the control plane is essential
- Best practice is to limit what clients can do
How does it work?
- Control client provides credentials and gets an access token
- Sends token with API requests
- Based on JSON Web Tokens and OAuth 2.0
- Encryption is a prerequisite (see BCP-003-01)
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: branches/v1.0-dev. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for branch v1.0-dev
- Upgrade Path