AMWA BCP-003-02 Authorization in NMOS Systems [Work In Progress]
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|
What does it do?
- Documents best practice for an API server to accept or reject requests depending on what a client is authorized to do.
Why does it matter?
- A secure control plane is essential.
- Authorization limits what clients can do to what is allowed.
- These recommendations allow interoperability using widely adopted open technologies.
How does it work?
- Recommends using AMWA IS-10 Authorization Specification.
- This specifies how client provides credentials and gets access tokens.
- Encryption is a prerequisite (see BCP-003-01).
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The links to documentation, API and examples below and for DOCS and SPEC in the page menu bar are for this release (tag) or branch: branches/v1.0-dev. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.