NMOS Audio Channel Mapping Specification
What does it do?
- Allows channel-level operations within NMOS environments
- For example: muting channels, swapping languages…
Why does it matter?
- Provides expected functionality for typical production/broadcast operations
- Extends usefulness of IS-05 and other NMOS specs.
How does it work?
- Controller gets channel information from sending Node
- …and sends mapping matrix to the receiving Node
- Can also do sender-side matrixing
See here for an overview of NMOS specifications.
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages provide supporting documentation and HTML renders of the APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
The documentation and API links immediately below, and the links in the page heading, are for an example development branch. Links to other releases (tags) and other branches appear later in the page, or under “VERSIONS…” in the page heading.
Once AMWA has approved a Specification, its documentation and API links will be for the most recent approved release (which may be earlier than what is shown by the default branch on the GitHub repo).
Documentation for branch v1.0.x
- Upgrade Path